Tuesday 18 June 2013

Term 2

This term I have increased my knowledge of the different ways to include the use of  the ipad into my classroom programme.  I found the visit from the teachers at Te Kowhai school very helpful and I also gained new ideas from the meetings at Southall.  Taking the ipad home and exploring the different apps is a must.  Learning how to lock the children into one programme is very useful as often some of the children in my class flick from programme to programme.  It was good that Elysia  (who helped me set this up) remembered the password to unlock the programmes!!! 
The master classes held at school are also great for learning about new ways to use the ipads in your classroom programme
Earlier this term I went to 3 night school sessions at Fraser High on the use of iphones and ipads.  It started off slowly and I felt quite as if I was an expert....for a short while, however as the sessions developed I learnt a lot.  I have been downlading books from the library onto my home ipad and have learnt about lots of different apps that I now use at home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yvonne
    I am amazed at how quickly I have become reliant on my i-pad! I would love to work out how to do the library borrowing as well... can you please teach me?

    The trick to locking the page is certainly useful for junior teachers and helps keep the children from diverting to other apps, just because they can!
    I am interested in what challenges have come your way and how you have addressed them?

    Myra

    ReplyDelete